Through demonstrations, lectures and practice, you and your partner will journey on an exciting exploration of the soulful potential of your relationship.
- Date: August 11-13, 2017
- Time: 08:30 – 19:30
- Location: Genesis All-Suite Hotel, 10 Sandler Road, Fairmount, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Cost: $569 per couple
Learn effective communication skills, and “dissolve” relationship problems at Hedy and Yumi Schleifer’s couples workshop called the Adventure In Intimacy. This workshop is designed for couples. Give yourself the treat of tasting the sweetness of reconnecting with your partner, in a way that you dreamt about and wished for, but did not think possible.
This workshop is designed to create a safe and comfortable environment for all participants. You will work alone or with your partner and will not be required to share anything with the rest of the group. Confidentiality is respected and preserved throughout the workshop.
The workshop is based on the relational philosophy of Martin Buber, the positive change approaches of Appreciative Inquiry and Re-evaluation Counseling, the latest research about Relational Neuro-Biology, and adaptations of processes from Imago Relationship Therapy. Other significant influences in the development of the Adventure in Intimacy workshop are Hedy and Yumi’s marriage and Judaic background. Their marriage continues serving as the laboratory for the ongoing evolution of skills for the development of Relational Intelligence and Relational Maturity of couples.
Give yourself the treat of tasting the sweetness of reconnecting with your partner, in a way that you dreamt about and wished for, but did not think possible.
The Relational Space is the first of three invisible connectors you will learn at the workshop. Watch this short video about the Relational Space:
At the Adventure in Intimacy Workshop you will discover and learn:
- To view conflict as a friend since it is a potential launching pad for growth
- That daily annoying frustrations can become powerful vehicles for productive change
- How learning more about your partner’s history strengthens your relationship and transforms the two of you into a team
- To reclaim your ability to have authentic conversations that can move you from automatic unconscious re-activity to intentional, conscious action
- How your transformed connection will reignite your ability to have fun, romance, intimacy, and passion, and reawaken your sensuality (you will start holding hands and caressing each other again) and regain your ability to “make love” and not just “have sex”.
- That a conscious relationship will allow you to reclaim your empathy (your ability to “step into your partner’s shoes”).
- That creating a conscious relationship, can affect all your connections including family, co-workers, and especially your children
Who should attend?
Whether you are married, engaged, beginning a new relationship, or in a committed partnership (gay or straight), you will learn how to become each other’s best friend, and how to create a relationship that is safe, passionate, and long lasting.
All couples, at all stages of their relationships, including:
- Couples undecided about staying together
- Couples moving toward divorce or who are already separated and want to know if it is worth putting any energy into saving the relationship
- Couples in the early stages of a relationship and are looking at the possibility of marriage or a deeper commitment in their relationship
- Couples preparing for marriage, or for persons who have been married before and wish to learn how to avoid repeating past mistakes
- Couples who feel “stuck” or stagnant in their relationship and want to renew the intimacy with their partner
- Couples who want to make a “good” relationship even richer and more fulfilling
- Couples who wish to create a better climate for the development of their children
- Therapists and their partners who want to experience the power of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy.
- The Art of Creating a Relational Culture in Organisations
August 7 @ 9:00 am – August 8 @ 6:00 pm, venue: Genesis All-Suite Hotel, 10 Sandler Road, Fairmount, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Adventure in Intimacy Couples Workshop
August 11 @ 8:30 am – August 13 @ 7:30 pm, venue: Genesis All-Suite Hotel, 10 Sandler Road, Fairmount, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Presenting with boldness, poise and confidence training for public speakers
August 15 @ 9:00 am – August 16 @ 6:00 pm, venue: Genesis All-Suite Hotel, 10 Sandler Road, Fairmount, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Encounter-centered Couples Therapy (EcCT) Training for Therapists
August 18 @ 9:00 am – August 22 @ 6:00 pm, venue: Genesis All-Suite Hotel, 10 Sandler Road, Fairmount, Johannesburg, South Africa